Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Illustration Friday - Red


Illustration Friday - Red

Originally uploaded by boredomsketch.

I did this after watching a video about Carson Ellis on youtube.
I adore her drawings for The Decemberists. with the portraits of the band with cool frames around them.
So the face of this drawing is based on her face and her work.
I could said it was a portrait of her but some things are not exactly like her.

Well hope you enjoy my lttle red girl, which was done with a 2b pencil, plus a red and ocre color pencil's on my moleskine sketchbook. I was looking for a sort of old, yellowish paper, and that kind of paper works, i guess.

:)

6 comments:

Ana Ferreira said...

Muito bonito, tem um ar cândido a menina :)

billy said...

really really love this!

Anonymous said...

yes, it works, and it is very, very good. I like it very much indeed! Nice little tribute to her.

arvindh said...

cute one here!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous!

Liliana Jesus said...

Hello,

HJ resolvi vir cuscar os teus 'rabiscos'... e valeu a pena.
Então e Florença?... ;)